Monday, December 28, 2015

Sorry I've been MIA

I had good intentions of joining a couple end of the year read-a-thons but have gotten waylaid by the holidays. I'm trying to finish up some presents for family, and haven't been reading... like, at all.
Well, I guess I can't say that, I read 3 pages the other day ;) But I have been making plans to start in again after the new year. I did get one new book for Christmas from my cousin in California. I had never hear of it but it sounds amazing and right up my ally!
I am planning on taking the Read Harder Challange over at the Book Riot site. For more info follow this link, http://bookriot.com/2015/12/15/2016-book-riot-read-harder-challenge/ My cousin Kris and I plan on doing it together so let me know if you plan on joining in so we can cheer each other on. I also have been thinking about my reading goals and decided I am doing a Series TBR Jar.
I have about 20 complete series on my book shelves that need to be read. So I put them all in a jar and at the beginning of every month, I will pull a slip out and read that series. There are a couple that may take two months to complete since I threw The Mortal Instruments in there. If you don't know the series it is 6 very large books so, it may take me a little longer. I would like to read about 100 books in 2016 so I will also throw in some of my stand alone books. That pretty much covers the reading goals I've made so far. There are other 2016 goals I've set but I think I will save that for another day. I hope you've all had a wonderful and productive December and are looking forward to 2016! Huggs from Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment